Mariners to Host NAC Foes
Green Mountain (1-12, 0-2 NAC) at Maine Maritime (7-7, 0-2 NAC) | Friday, April 6 | 12:00 pm | Ritchie Field
Series History: Maine Maritime is 5-1 against Green Mountain. The Eagles took the first meeting between the schools back in 2009. The Mariners have captured every game since.
Green Mountain's Last Time Out: The Eagles were swept by the Wells Express 3-2 and 11-4. Shortstop, Chelsea Paul, went 2-for-4 in the nightcap with a double and two RBIs.
Castleton (6-12, 2-0 NAC) at Maine Maritime | Saturday, April 7 | 10:00 am | Ritchie Field
Series History: Castleton owns a 7-3 lead in the series, but Maine Maritime has taken three of the last four. The teams split a pair in Castleton last April with the Spartans taking the first game 9-3, before MMA rebounded with a 3-2 win.
Castleton's Last Time Out: Castleton couldn't get its offense going against a tough Middlebury squad, falling to the Panthers 7-2 in the opener and then dropping the nightcap 13-3 in five innings. Middlebury moves to 10-7 with the wins while the Spartans fall to 6-12 on the season.
Five Things You Should Know…
5. Green Mountain has been outscored by its opposition 132-36 this season. Green Mountain's opponents are batting .426 against the Eagles.
4. Castleton has come on over the past few weeks, taking six of their last nine games after an 0-8 start. They bring the NAC Pitcher of the Week to town in Taylor Lively. Lively was the Spartans' ace last week, posting a pair of complete-game victories with a miniscule 0.58 ERA in 12.0 innings of action.
3. The Mariners have surrendered 21 runs in the first inning through the season's first 14 games. They have only posted seven in the same frame. Maine Maritime has dominated the second through fifth innings, outscoring the opposition 78-32 in those innings.
2. Autumn Jones is quietly putting together an outstanding offensive season. She is hitting .324 with three doubles and a home run. Jones is one of four Mariners with double digits in the RBI column. Jones, Andi Flannery and Erica Taylor each have 11, while Leah Jackson leads the Mariners with 13.
1. Taylor jacked another home run at Bates. She has belted four home runs this season, tying her for the fifth best season on record. Nicole Poland hit four in 2010. She is halfway to the record of eight home runs in a season owned by battery-mate, Leah Jackson. The Mariners catcher has hit three home runs this season.